For the gents out there who look for a watch that excels in performance and decoration, consider the Carrera Calibre 1887, crafted and refined by TAG Heuer. The Carrera Calibre 1887 has both the elegance and robust clockworks making it an ideal watch for the aficionados.
Price When Reviewing: US$3,913.66
Compare Prices on eBay
Let’s start by discussing the Calibre 1887 installed in its clockwork. This movement is made in Switzerland and has met the extremely high standards for precision – the reason why this movement have had received an Official Swiss Chronometer Control (C.O.S.C) award. The movement is equipped with 39 rubies to reduce the wear and tear of the engine. Correcting the time is easy with the rapid date correction feature. The Calibre 1887 can also read 28,800 vibrations per hour, wonderfully impressive for a mechanical watch. The watch can also reserve power that can last 40 to 50 hours.
The design is augustly grand. The dial, case and the strap are polished in titanium black for a classic princely look. The watch has some red on its details, particularly in the second hand and the stailored touch in the strap.
In the dial are three chronograph subdials and a date window for optimal calendar feature. The dial is protected by a scratch-resistant curved sapphire crystal with double reflective coating for improved readability.
In the case, outlining the regal protective crystal, is a fixed ceramic bezel with tachymeter function for optimum speed and time monitoring. The case is sturdy and can go deep into the water of up to 100 meters.
Wearing and doffing off this wristwatch is easy and straightforward with the fold-over clasp. It also secures the watch to stay on your wrist. The strap complements the Titan look of the case – an eye-catching black leather with red tailored sides.
- Swiss made watch
- Calibre 1887 movement with 39 rubies
- Mechanical watch with up to 50 hours of power reserve
- 28,800 vibrations per hour
- Three chronograph subdials
- Luminous hands and markers
- Date window at 3 o’clock
- Engraved tachymeter function in the ceramic bezel
- Leather strap with fold-over clasp
- Scratch-resistant glass
- Double anti-reflective feature in the dial window
- Water resistant to 100 meters (330 feet)
- Versatile design that looks grand irrespective of your style
- Water resistant and is wearable even when swimming or snorkeling
- Tachymeter feature that can be useful for sports events and other time and speed related activities
- Lightweight and comfortable on the wrist
- Quite expensive for its limited functionality
- This watch is not suggested to be worn in professional marine activities like scuba diving
- Watch is not self-winding. You need to manually wind it.
The TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 is an offbeat watch that embodies great aesthetics and reliable performance. The external appearance is cosmic and regal making the watch wearable for any types of events. The chronograph features are brilliant, you can always track the speed when watching A1 racing, running competitions, or other sports alike. The price, though, creates a downside to this watch. Good thing, TAG Heuer offers timely discounts to their products. Catch the sale, so you will be able to avail this watch in lower price.