While most watches today have sophisticated benchmarks and specifications, Raymond Weil does not forget to craft spartan, traditional looking watches with modern touches and efficient performance.
Luxurious watches being sold on the market today are mostly pricey. In fact, most of these grand timepieces cost a thousand dollars and more. But Raymond Weil understands the value of versatility, not just in their designs but also to the prices of their products. Hence, they got watches from average price to highly expensive.
The Raymond Weil 5466-ST-00608 watch is one of the brand’s bestselling average priced luxury watch. This wristwatch is among the stunning models of Raymond Weil’s Tradition series. With its simple look, some may underrate this timepiece, but with a deeper look on its clockworks, you will be amused with its dynamic operability.
The watch has a paradigmatic look with the traditional touch of heritage timepieces. The dial is finished in black sunray making it look very classic. Around the dial’s rim are Roman numerals that emphasize the hour chronograph. At the 3 o’clock section is a small date aperture that efficiently displays the date. The hands have luminous feature for easier readability in low light conditions.
The case is sturdy and tight protecting the dial and its little gears. The stainless steel case complements well in its stainless steel band with fold-over clasp. The 39mm glass is scratch-resistant being made of sapphire crystal. The protective case makes the watch water resistant up to 165 feet (50 meters).
Withholding the traditional theme, this watch uses the standard quartz movement powered by a battery.
- Swiss-made watch from reputable watchmaker brand
- Quartz movement
- Battery-powered watch
- Water resistant up to 50 meters deep
- Scratch resistant sapphire crystal
- Black sunray dial
- Roman numerals as markers
- Luminescent leaf-shaped hands
- Fold-over clasp for security
- Traditional looking with modern touches
- 39mm diameter watch; 6mm thickness
- Ideal for the men that love traditional looking watches
- Watch can be worn for swimming or for any activities that call for water splashes
- Average priced traditional watch
- Stunning exterior that is perfect for any fashion statements
- Comfortable to wear and locks securely on wrist
- Lightweight and compact that feels comfortable on the wrist
- The watch makes the annoying tick sound because it uses quartz movement
- Basic function; no other chronograph functions like subdials or tachymeter
- The date window is small and may be hard to see
- Not recommended for professional underwater activities like scuba diving
- 39mm diameter that may just look too small for men
The Raymond Weil 5466-ST-00608 is a great watch that resembles the vintage timepieces of the past decades. This timepiece is a perfect choice for those who want a watch that efficiently does the basics. This timepiece is rather straightforward and offers no other frills than just the mere ticking of time. The exterior and overall design is wonderfully simple and does not have complicated prints. However, considering that the watch has fewer features compared to newer multi-functioning watch, the price may quite concern you a bit unless you are more into the brand name, then this watch will be just perfect for you.