Introduced in 1976, Patek Philippe’s Nautilus collection has broken limits and dared to take sports watchmaking into a higher level. Through time, the collection was globally acclaimed for its elegant sports watches, whose shape was inspired by the portholes found in maritime vessels. With this alone, any watch enthusiast will distinguish a Patek Philippe sports watch from the other.
Nautilus watches are naturally strong and inimitable. Nonetheless, with the many developments in the industry, Patek Philippe likewise made some changes by redesigning Nautilus pieces. Today, many people are still head over heels with the stunning and unparalleled beauty of Patek Philippe sports watch like this 5980R-001.
- Patek Philippe 5980R-001 features a 40.5mm porthole-shaped rose gold case that is linked to hand-stitched matt dark brown leather strap with rectangular scales.
- The center of the case reveals a black-brown dial with rose gold-tone hour markers and hands.
- This watch is water-resistant up to 120 meters.
- This mechanically wounded timepiece is powered by Caliber CH 28-520 C movement.
Who is this Patek Philippe for?
In this time today, sure, there are many sports watches made available in the market. But, finding a classic and elegant sports watch that you, versatility-wise, can take anywhere and anytime can be a difficult job. For men who have little to no time to decide which timepiece to buy or wear between different places or environment, then this sophisticated sports watch from Patek Philippe is a great deal. For men who have always been a Patek Philippe fan ever since, maybe it is time that you upgrade your collection with the redesigned Naulitus watch.
- Classic design. Most sports watches come in bulky sizes and overwhelming details on the case and strap. This is why Patek Philippe 5980R-001 works as a relief with its urbane look oozing with elegance and class. It comes in lavish rose gold that is well complemented by the black-brown dial and dark brown strap. This is such a great watch for the countryside-to-boardroom situations.
- Functional. This watch displays more than just the actual time. It is equipped with a date window for added convenience and the functionality of a 60-minute and 12-hour monocounter at six o’clock position. These details add convenience on your part. Moreover, this mechanically-wounded timepiece is equipped with a 48-hour power reserve for optimum convenience.
- Sturdy. In investing in high-end watches, the product has to be worth the price. Surely, this Patek Philippe 5980R-001 falls within the category. It is constructed from superior quality materials and with great attention to details. The scratch-resistant sapphire crystal case back helps protect the watch from external elements. Moreover, this watch has an impressive 120 meters or about 393 feet.
- Easy to read. The best part about the watch is its readability. First, the hour markers, date window, and monocounter are legible. Second, the hour markers and hands have luminescent coating that allows easy reading of the time day and night or even at low-light conditions.