Watches have become very popular since its invention up until this generation of fashion and style. And although the market is saturated with wristwatches in various models and styles, nothing can still beat the appeal, the feel, and the clarity of legendary watches of the 50s and 60s.
The timekeepers and watchmakers of Breitling understood the superior and peerless qualities of these heritage watches, so they created the Breitling Transocean Chronograph, a watch with contemporary look and design of the vintage watches of the 50s.
The watch does not only excel in its vintage-classic exterior but as well as in its engineered clockworks. Empowering the “engine” of this watch is the Breitling 01 Calibre handmade by the Breitling professionals. This self-winding mechanical wristwatch has a power reserve of 70 hours and can process 28,800 vph (vibrations per hour).
With a 43mm diameter, you can always have a quick glimpse to the tick of time in the markers and hands with aluminescent feature for better readability. The case is made of steel and fortified with a convex sapphire crystal glass for added durability and elegance to the watch. One of the satisfying smack of design in this watch is the trademark logo of Breitling in the watch, a capital letter B made from 18K red gold.
The dial is black and is equipped with three subdials dedicated for running seconds, minutes, and hours. The hand in the seconds subdial is red-tipped for easy reading. Surrounding the dial is a printed tachymeter.
The strap is available in authentic leather (from crocodile or alligator) and in steel with a deployant clasp for more convenience in wearing and doffing.
- Self-winding mechanical watch with seconds in sweeping motion
- Tachymeter function for chronograph usability
- Designed with an 18K gold
- 100m water-resistant
- Date window
- Luminous markers and hands
- Three chronograph subdials
- Precise time with the Breitling 01 Calibre
- Glareproofed sapphire crystal case
- Transparent back case also made of sapphire crystal
- 43mm diameter; 14mm thickness; 91 grams
- Authentic leather material and durable polished steel with deployant clasp
- Simple and classic design that has a touch of the 50s and 60s’ retro
- A watch that makes a good investment
- Minimal engraved prints and details perfect for the minimalists
- Versatile and wearable in any types of events
- Self-winding mechanical watch, you don’t have to worry about changing batteries over time
- No functioning bezel
- Limited functions
- No numerals on the hour Markers
- No day window
This is not the first mechanical watch in the market that resembles the legendary timepiece designs of the vintage years. But definitely one of the best watches in the market that has simple details, straightforward functionality, and proficient time monitoring. The price may seem too high, but for a watch that can last a lifetime and can be an investment, it’s pretty worth it! I love the versatility of its exterior that can match any suit or any types of events. However, this is not the kind of watch I would wear if I’d be doing some water activities. I wouldn’t even dare plunge my wrist with this watch underwater.