Every Breitling watch has a stories to tell, tales behind why it is crafted and to where the inspiration came. On the 24th of May in 1962, Scott Carpenter created history by orbiting the Earth thrice with the Aurora 7 Capsule. On his wrist is a Navitimer watch with 24-hour chronograph that helped the explorer to determine day and night while in the timeless space. In fact, it is the first wristwatch to travel the space. The watch was then named Cosmonaute and was included in the precious collections of Breitling.
The Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute today shows resemblance to the original watch worn in 1962 having two of its distinctive feature: manual winding and a 24-hour dial. The 24-hour chronograph is made for a reason: to help the space voyagers determine day and night while on space. But of course, that feature is not just limited to the space travelers, but for everyone that needs such feature.
A watch that is primarily made of steel with a speck of gold, the exterior of the watch shows satisfying elegance in every angle. Outlines the scratch-resistant sapphire crystal is a bi-directional bezel with a slide rule. The tachymeter stays as a useful function especially for the aficionados who just love (or need) to record time, speed, and distance with ease.
With a diameter of 43mm and a weight of 80 grams, the watch feels smooth in hand bragging the perfect dimension irrespective of the size of the wrist. The watch is available in black dial partnered with black leather strap, and blue dial with a metal feel.
Now, talking about the clockworks, this watch is using Breitling B02 Calibre for guaranteed precision. This mechanical hand-wound timepiece can store 70 hours of power to keep your watch ticking. Three mini-chronographs are present in the dial.
- Breitling B02 Calibre originally manufactured by the experts of Breitling
- Mechanical hand-wound watch
- Minimum of 70-hours power reserve
- Tachymeter function
- Scratch-resistant crystal glass
- Bidirectional rotatable bezel
- 43mm diameter; 13.85mm thickness; and 80 grams of heaviness
- Durable leather strap or stainless steel band
- 3 Bars waterproof
- Logo in the dial is made of 18K red gold
- Central second-hand sweeps smoothly without the quartz noise
- Chronograph feature for time and speed recording
- Sturdy not just in the strap but also in the crystal glass
- Available in two colors: the black dial and blue dial.
- 24-hour chronograph for easy determination of day or night
- Leather or stainless steel band with deployment buckle
- No date or day window
- Too many engraved prints in the dial making it somewhat confusing especially for the first time watch wearers
- Quite pricey compared to other watch models with almost the same (some even got more features)
- Waterproof but only 3 bars (approximately 20 meters; 60 ft.) Hence, this watch is not recommended for the water splashes
The Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute is crafted by the expert horologists with astronauts and aerospace buffs in mind. The features and qualities of this watch are perfect not just for these professionals but for everyone that admire such details. The classic, elegant look can match any suit, events, and seasons. The sturdiness adds merit to this watch. With the comfortable and secure strap with deployment buckle, you’ll never lose grip of your luxury watch. Except, however, this watch is not suggested to be in the water.
Compare Price on Amazon | Compare Price on Authentic Watches | Compare Price on Prestige Time | Check Prices on Ebay