For several decades, Breitling creates their timepieces with sophisticated design and reliable clockworks that perform stunningly. Nothing much changed in Breitling’s exceptional standards, except that they make modern refinements in their design to meet the standards of many watch aficionados. They also added chronograph features ideal for aerospace, aviation, and for other sports activities.
Price When Reviewing: US$2,775.00 to US$4,540.00
While there are several watches with prismatic gimmicks, Breitling does not forget to keep most of its wristwatches simple yet elegant. The Breitling Galactic 41 is an excellent example of a luxury timepiece with austere details without compromising the urbanity and classiness.
In its clockworks is a powerful Breitling 49 Calibre that promises accuracy. This self-winding mechanical watch can store 42 hours of power. With 22 jewels in its clockworks, you will be ensured that this watch can last a lifetime.
The dial is rather straightforward and unsophisticated with fewer chronograph details on its prints. One of the distinctive features of the Breitling Galactic 41 is the double-window date window for efficient date display. Just like other watches, this timepiece is equipped with markers with the luminescent function.
The case is made of steel with a smack of steel and gold. It has a unidirectional bezel for added functionality. The crystal glass is scratch-resistant and has anti-reflective quality. The crown has a screw-lock function.
A watch with 41mm diameter display, this watch is ideal for the young adults and is also wearable by women. The strap is available in stainless steel that compliments the black or blue dial. The stainless band is secured by a deployment buckle for convenience in wearing with guaranteed security.
- 41mm diameter window case; 14mm thickness; and 90-grams weight
- Breitling 49 movement
- Self-winding mechanical watch
- 42 hours of power reserve
- Clockwork is equipped with 22 jewels
- Dual-window date display
- Stainless steel case
- Unidirectional bezel
- Screw-locked crown with two gaskets on the sides
- Scratch resistant cambered sapphire crystal dial window
- Strap is available in leather and stainless steel
- Simple design meant for the minimalists and other aficionados who do not find chronograph feature necessary
- Self-winding mechanical watch that can store power in minimum of 42 hours, so you’ll be manually winding this watch less frequent than other watches
- Simple dial that makes time-reading easy
- Perfect for any style
- A tachymeter function on the bezel could have added a feature, though not necessary it is nice to have
- The price is quite high for a luxury watch that has fewer functions
I’d recommend this watch for those who wants a timepiece with less sophistication in design. This watch is straightforward and does what it is intended to. The performance complements the design. The dual-window date display is brilliant! However, the 41mm case might not be very aesthetic for those with big arms. Also, a tachymeter could have added a twist of function for the watch. Although it is not necessary, knowing your watch has that kind of function is good. The price, though, does not match the features, but for a self-winding mechanical watch, this timepiece is worth the price.