A man’s style and fashion can be determined not just on how he stroke his hair, his clothing, or the color of his belt, but also to the type of wristwatch he chooses to wear. A man could just wear any watch as long as it functions well in telling the time, but that’s not how it works for the timepiece aficionados and watch collectors alike.
If you are one of the meticulous watch aficionados who loves a watch that compels optimum performance with classic, simple, classic design, consider the Breitling Superocean Heritage 42, a timepiece that resembles the pioneer watch designs of the 1950s with a modern touch.
The case is primarily made of steel and is polished with some amount of gold to add elegance. The protective dial window is made from sapphire crystal and has anti-reflective feature to make the watch cool in the eyes even under the bright daylight.
This watch is made in two sizes, the 42mmand 46mm. The dial is polished in classic black partnered with the unidirectional rotatable bezel with titanium black finish and silver outline. At the 3 o’clock is a day window.
But the awesomeness of this watch does not end there. What’s more interesting is how its clockworks perform. Powered with Breitling 17 Caliber, this timepiece ticks swiftly without noise unlike watches with quartz movement. A self-winding mechanical watch, the Breitling Superocean Heritage 42 has 42 hours of power reserve and can read 28,800 VpH (Vibrations per hour).
The strap is made from leather for versatility but also available in other versions with stainless mesh steel or rubber band. The dial is also available in green or blue for an extra twist of fashion.
- Self-winding mechanical watch
- 42-hour power reserve
- Unidirectional rotatable Bezel
- Black finish in dial, bezel, and leather or rubber strap
- Simple design for less sophistication
- Finger-accessible raised crown for easier manual winding
- Luminous markers and hands
- 200-meter water resistant feature
- Day window at 3 o’clock
- Versatile exterior perfect for any occasions
- Mechanical watch, this timepiece doesn’t make any quartz noise
- Day window so you’ll never have to forget the date
- One of the luxury mechanical watch in the market with reasonable price
- Waterproof making it ideal to wear whether in water, land, or air
- Resembles the legendary design of the watch models in 1950s for vintage appeal
- Rotatable bezel does not have added features like tachymeter or compass
- No numerals on the dial only mark in bold and light lines.
- Though waterproof, watch is not recommended for professional underwater activities
- Only date window is available. It could have been nicer if it also has Day window.
Breitling Superocean Heritage 42 is a watch with simple design and meek prints ideal for the minimalist. A tachymeter in the bezel could have added a plus in this watch, but that shouldn’t really be a concern especially if you’re not so into that feature. This wristwatch is recommended for the aficionados who want a timepiece with less sophisticated details and prints on the dial. However, I would not recommend this watch for athletes, coaches, or proactive buffs alike who loves to track time, distance, and speed with their watch.