A pioneer in the watchmaking industry, TAG Heuer continues to be a respected luxury watch brand that lives with its ethos of crafting innovative and state-of-the-art timepieces that both work highly impressive in its clockworks and aesthetic mien.
From the day of its foundation up until this day, TAG Heuer has been a maker of watches that are complexly adaptable in science, explorations, and aerodynamics. TAG Heuer has created thousands of watches with notable specifications.
TAG Heuer has also revolutionized the creation of chronographs and movements that have been very remarkable. In fact, the majority of today’s watchmaking companies are using the gears that were originally modeled by the company.
TAG Heuer has also been the first in many chronograph inventions and remodeling. His first famous patent was the “oscillating pinion” that made chronograph simpler and more efficient. The venture in making pioneer watches continued. Heuer brand was also the first watch to reach the space. Truly, a historic mark that no other watch brand can reach. Here are some stimulating truths about TAG Heuer that you might not have known yet.
Price When Reviewing: US$$6,950.00 Compare Price on Amazon | Compare Price on Jomashop | Compare Price on eBay In 1969, TAG Heuer has stunned the world with the first square…
Price When Reviewing: US$3,650.00 Buy on Amazon (US$2,992.00) | Compare Prices on eBay The origin of TAG Heuer’s Link collection can be traced back in 1987, of which at the…
From the interesting pocket watches and clock watches fastened to clothing or around the neck, it is quite amusing how a simple timekeeping device has evolved into something more than…
For the gents out there who look for a watch that excels in performance and decoration, consider the Carrera Calibre 1887, crafted and refined by TAG Heuer. The Carrera Calibre…
When it comes to expensive watches with frills, there is nothing more important that the design, the details, and the movement. Watch collectors and timepiece lovers alike know how vital…
A woman can buy hundreds of bags, lingerie, or jewelry, but a man’s only treasure and precious Paragon is a watch – a unique watch that has thousands of qualities…
Time is gold, they say, but sometimes it is as blue as the TAG Heuer Formula 1 CAZ1014, a high-performing wristwatch for men that has a sleek exterior with its…
More than just an accessory for fashion and style, watches are also functioning time tracker. And buying a watch means seeing over than just style and aesthetics, but also to…
Interesting Facts About TAG Heuer
- The founder of this successful firm is Edouard Heuer, which the company name was derived. The company is based in La Chaux-dee-Fonds in Switzerland.
- Edouard Heuer was just 20 years old when he started his firm.
- The great grandson of Edouard Heuer is the current honorary chairman of the company. Jean-Claude Biver is the current President and CEO.
- Edouard Heuer patented the oscillating pinion that simplified the chronograph. The invention is still being used until this modern watchmaking.
- Heuer watch was the first Swiss-made watch to reach the space.
- Heuer patented the first dashboard chronograph which he called “Time of Trip.”
- The first Heuer wrist chronograph has a crown placed at 12 o’clock position, not at 3 o’clock.
- Heuer created watches for a popular clientele, Abercrombie & Fitch.
- TAG Heuer is the first to produce a watch with a magnetic It does not have a hairspring but still works just like those that have. In short, it works perfectly.
- Most of the TAG Heuer watches are inspired by racing. The iconic watch series Carrera is the best example. This is because the company wants a watch that can withstand the tensions and vibrations a driver in a car racing gets.
History Timeline of TAG Heuer
1860: Edouard Heuer started his watch company that, by then, was called UhrenmanufakturHeuer AG – when translated means Heuer Watchmaking Inc.).
1882: EdouardHeuer received a patent for his first chronograph.
1887: Edouard Heuer patented the oscillating pinion.
1911: Heuer introduced the dashboard chronograph, which was the first of its kind in that year. He received a patent for it. It was called Time of Trip.
1916: The Micrograph was launched to the public. It was the first stopwatch that is 1/100 a second accurate.
1933: The Autavia was made known to the public. The Autavia is a dashboard timer primarily designed for automobile drivers and aviators. Hence, it is where its name derived, “Aut” for auto and “Avia” for aviation.)
1950: Heuer produced watches for Abercrombie & Fitch. The watches were called Seafarer and Auto-Graph.
1962: A Heuer stopwatch traveled the timeless universe when John Glenn wore it when he orbited the Earth with the Mercury-Atlas 6. The said watch is now displayed in San Diego Air and Space Museum.
1975: Heuer introduced Chronosplit, a watch that has both LCD and LED displays.
1985: TAG (Techniques d’AvantGarde) Group acquired Heuer. That explains why the company is now known as TAG Heuer.
1999: The company was acquired by LVMH until this present date.
There are tons of reasons to love TAG Heuer more than just because Leonardo DiCaprio endorsed it. Moreover, TAG Heuer revolutionary watches have always been precise and advanced. Their timepieces provide comfort in the hand with rational affordability. Indeed, TAG Heuer has defined the true meaning of luxury. Because after all, it is not about the tag, but the robust quality that sets itself.