For over a sesquicentenary, Patek Philippe continues in creating the finest timepieces in the world inspired by their tradition and state-of-the-art craftsmanship and innovation. From 1939 up until this day, Patek Philippe has made known to the world their prestigious repertoire of watches that owned more than 80 patents.
Founded by two professional watchmakers, Antoni Patek and Adriene Philippe, their watches were popularized because of its unique clockworks and distinctive features that they owned first before the other watches did such as the split-seconds hand, perpetual calendar, and minute repeater.
Located in Geneva, Switzerland, the company continues to hold its tradition, values, and fundamental pillars in crafting, manufacturing and distributing luxury watches that tick grandness in every angle.
Price When Reviewing: US$34,000.00 Compare Prices on Amazon | Compare Prices on eBay | Compare Prices on Jomashop | Compare Prices on Chrono24 Patek Philippe once again displayed its mastery…
1968 has been a very special year for watch enthusiasts as Patek Philippe launched one of its most quintessential collections- the Golden Ellipse. This collection is characterized by its unique…
Price When Reviewing: US$$27,200.00 Compare Price on Jomashop | Compare Prices on Chrono24 | Compare Watch on WatchUwant | Compare Price on Gemnation | Compare Price on eBay The 1920s…
Price When Reviewing: US$59,500.00 Best Price: US$57,500.00 Amazon.com (BNIB + Full set) Compare Prices on eBay | Compare Price on Jomashop | Compare Prices on Chrono24 | Compare Price on…
Price When Reviewing: US$26,100.00 Best Price: US$19,995.00 Amazon.com Compare Prices on eBay | Compare Prices on Jomashop | Compare Price on Amazon | Compare Prices on Chrono24 | Compare Price…
Price when reviewing: US$47,900.00 Compare Prices on eBay | Compare Prices on Chrono24 | Compare Price on Gemnation | Compare Price on Swissluxury More than the time it tells are the…
Patek Philippe is more than just a brand. Patek Philippe is a tradition. A pioneer in the watchmaking industry, Patek Philippe has grown to be among the most respected and…
A home to some of the world’s grandest timepieces, Patek Philippe continues to be an exceptional brand that has changed the shape of the watch industry since. Patek Philippe offers…
Interesting Facts about Patek Philippe
- Antoni Patek’s first partner is not Adriene Philippe. He initially worked with Franciszek Czapek, a Czech watchmaker. In 1844, both parted A year later, Patek joined the French watchmaker, Adriene Philippe who is the inventor of the keyless winding mechanism.
- Patek Philippe was the first to use the Chronifer® M-15 X steel created by L. Klein SA, a successful Swiss-based company that is known for distributing high-tech steels and metals.
- Patek Philippe popularized the Perpetual Calendar that is being used today by modern watches
- The company was sold to Henri Stern Watch Agency in 1935 as a sister company alongside Universal Geneve.
- Patek Philippe watches have been known for the “most expensive” timepieces in the world. For example, the Patek Philippe Henry Graves Supercomplication(assembled by Patek Philippe) referred to as the most complicated mechanical pocket watch made of 18-karat gold and has 24 functions, was named after Henry Graves Jr., a banker that financed the creation of the pocket watch. The pocket watch was sold $11million in an auction in December 1999 to a Qatari royal family under the headship of Sheik Saud Bin Mohammed Bin Ali-Thani. In 2014, the watch was sold at another auction for $24million (US dollar).
- In 2008, the Patek Philippe Ref. 5002P Sky Moon Tourbillon set the record as the most expensive modern wristwatch. This Platinum Tourbillon watch was sold for HK$11.75 (equivalent to US$1.4million)
- Patek Philippe watches were acquired by the royalties like Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
- Patek Philippe watches were also worn by the regal entities from around the world such as Victor Emmanuel III, the king of Italy and Duke of Savoy; King Christian IX and Princess Louise of Denmark; and Sultan of Egypt, Hussein Kamel.
- Patek Philippe established a museum showcasing the heritage timepieces that were invented 300 years ago long before the firm was developed. It also contains more than 7000 books and references primarily about watchmaking and the company’s historical
History Timeline of Patek Philippe
1839: Antoni Patek is creating his first pocket timepieces together with his partner Franciszek Czapek.
1844: Antoni Patek attended the Exposition Nationale des Produits de l’Industrie held in Paris. Andrei Philippe who also participated in the event was awarded for his patented self-winding mechanism. This event is probably where the two have known each other.
1845: The first pocket watch with self-winding mechanism was invented which they called No. 1181.
1850: Grand Duchess of Russia bought the PatekPhillipe watch No. 2668
1851: The smallest pocket watch (4-inch in diameter) was introduced to the public at the Great Exhibition held in London. The watch was called No. 3503. It was also the time where Queen Victoria purchased Patek Philippe’s pendant watch.
1895-1933: The Supercomplication No. 97 546 pocket watch was invented. As years passed, different versions of Supercomplication pocket watches were crafted such as the Supercomplication Stephen S. Palmer No. 97 of 1900, Supercomplication “Duke of Regla” No. 138 285 of 1910, and Supercomplication No. 174 480 of 1914.
1989: The world’s most complicated timepiece was created with the Calibre 89 which movements is geared with 1,728 parts, 24 hands, 129 jewels, 184 wheels, 415 pins, 332 screws, 429 mechanical components, 8 discs, and 61 bridges being the second most complicated watch by the company.
2000: The third most complicated watch was invented equipped with the Star Calibre 2000. It has 1,118 parts, 292 pins, 135 wheels, 73 springs, and 336 screws all protected in a 73mm-diamter case.
2014: The most complicated modern wristwatch was famed because of its unique clockworks and features including a prompt perpetual calendar with four-digit year display, a minute repeater, and alarm both usable for time and date.
Patek Philippe’s venture in making prestigious timepieces continues. They continue to strike the market with their innovative designs. They have created not just deluxe accessories but also contributed to the reinforcement in the world of watchmaking.