The Breitling company started its quest for success in 1884 when Leon Breitling committed himself in his private field of horology and chronographs. Ever since the business was born, he wanted nothing but high-quality timepieces that can win the trophy of innovation. The Breitling watches are focused on providing efficient chronographs for the aviators, the achievers, and the professionals.
For many years, Breitling has been supplying proficient watches mainly for the aviators making it known as the “official supplier to world aviation.” The company started by creating onboard chronographs to be equipped in the cockpits to help the pilots and air force fighters. After many innovations, they then created wearable timepieces – wristwatches – for better, more efficient method of checking the time.
To ensure precision and performance, Breitling submits their watches to the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC). Passing through the elite standards of the COSC, Breitling guarantees to the world their watches have the best benchmarks you would know.
Through years of consistent professional horological revolution, Breitling is considered to be one of the luxuriant watch brands. Breitling watches have been worn by famous entities such as Astronaut Scott Carpenter in his venture to space and was even featured in the 1965 James Bond movie entitled Thunderball where Q handed the watch to bond telling him it can help him track the stolen nuclear warheads.
When state-of-the-art clockworks and dynamic design are combined, you can create a high-performing, powerful timepiece that can handle any adventure life can give without losing your du jour. Price When…
While most watches have been fortified with a water resistant feature for a reasonable depth, Breitling focused in creating a wristwatch that can go deep in the ocean; deeper than…
Analog watches have always been a trend since the vintage years up until this year because of their classiness and versatile appeal. The numerals and markers have been very paradigmatic…
For several decades, Breitling creates their timepieces with sophisticated design and reliable clockworks that perform stunningly. Nothing much changed in Breitling’s exceptional standards, except that they make modern refinements in…
Every Breitling watch has a stories to tell, tales behind why it is crafted and to where the inspiration came. On the 24th of May in 1962, Scott Carpenter created…
A single watch can describe you into thousand words. Hence, it is always vital to pick the right watch that genuinely pronounces your qualities, fashion, as well as your passion.…
Watches have become very popular since its invention up until this generation of fashion and style. And although the market is saturated with wristwatches in various models and styles, nothing…
A man’s style and fashion can be determined not just on how he stroke his hair, his clothing, or the color of his belt, but also to the type of…
Aviation watches come in different styles to cater the various preferences and even emerging taste of both and women. The interesting history of aviation or pilot watch has already come…
Breitling has just stepped up in the game of timekeeping by creating a watch that can go beyond ultimate. The Breitling Cockpit B50 is made with excellence and brilliance with…
Crafted with excellence and fineness, the Breitling Navitimer 01 is the perfect watch for the travelers, aeronautical buffs, pilots, and fliers alike. With the watch’s rotating bezel with aviation slide…
How about a watch that can track two time zones in one dial window? Breitling Navitimer World Watch is your smart timepiece that can actually monitor two time zones in…
Interesting Facts About Breitling
- ETA and Valjoux are Breitling’s primary sources of ebauches.
- Leon Breitling was only 24 years old when he started the company.
- Breitling was the first to develop the first chronograph wristwatch.
- Breitling company has almost sunk the business not just once, but twice. The first depressing event was the Great Depression that caused a crisis in several businesses. That was on 1930. In 1970, the company suffered from the Quartz Crisis.
- Astronaut Scott Carpenter was the one to suggest for Breitling to create 24-hour chronograph watch, explaining it will help a lot of people (especially the astronauts and aviators) to identify day from night. The watch was called CosmonauteNavitimer.
- Breitling developed the self-winding mechanism in watches. A remarkable feature that is being used until this modern watchmaking.
- Breitling enhanced the standard quartz movement by developing SuperQuartz™ Technology. The company claims it is 10 times more precise than the regular
- The Breitling Top Time watch used in the 1965 James Bond movie disappeared. In 2012, the watch was resurfaced and sold for £25 only. Then it was sold at an auction for over £100,000.
- Breitling sponsors a number of aeronautical endeavors such as the Breitling Orbiter.
- Breitling created several watches with emergency features like a radio
- Heritage watches have the logos of Breitling and the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, also known as AOPA.
- In 2003, two aviators namely Steve Brooks, a Squadron Leader, and Flight Lieutenant Hugh Quentin-Smith crashed their helicopter somewhere in Antarctica. Thanks to their Breitling watches with Emergency Transmitter, they were rescued immediately.
- For several years, Breitling continues to be a standalone company.
History Timeline of Breitling
1884: Leon Breitling established his firm derived from his name, Breitling, a company exclusive in the making of chronographs and timers.
1915: Wrist chronograph was invented by Breitling with independent chronograph pushpiece.
1923: The functions in the watches were refined. The stop/start and reset features were remodified.
1934: The second independent push piece was added in the watches making it one of the most remarkable touches ever been made in timers.
1952: Breitling added another patented feature, the circular side rule in the bezel. Watches with this feature are called Navitimers.
1961: Astronaut Scott Carpenter requested for a watch with a 24-hour dial.
1962: Astronaut Carpenter went to space with a 24-hour dial Breitling watch on his wrist. The watch model is called Navitimer Cosmonaute.
The 1990s: The Emergency watches were produced.
2013: A refined Emergency watch was developed with upgrades in its transmission on the 121.5 MHz with added 406.04 MHz signal that is being monitored by satellites.
Every second count for Breitling and its production of premier multi-functional timepieces built for the professionals, achievers, and the explorers. Be it underwater, in the summit, or up above the sky, Breitling watches continue to offer efficiency in reading and calculating time. Now, Breitling watches have been made sturdier and more proficient than ever.